Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pet Peeve #3

Nothing makes me want to throw my phone across the room more than the post-message message now attached to 90% of cell phone voicemails:
"Hi, this is Ryan, please leave me a message, thanks."
(And just when you think it's going to beep...)
"If you'd like to leave a message, please stay on the line; to page this person, press 5 now; to leave a call back number, press 7... (dramatic pause for effect)... you can leave your message at the sound of the tone; when you are finished with your message, you may hang up, or press 1 for more options... ~BEEP~"

I have one friend whose voicemail actually says all that AND THEN repeats it in Spanish. I wish I was kidding...

10 year olds are hacking space stations with their iphones, and we're still being told how to leave voice messages. Am I the only one who has a problem with that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No joke, man! I was so ticked off the other day, I almost rolled my car in an attempt at suicide. Just give me the bleepin' beep!